What am I writing?
- Final pieces of my dissertation
- A piece for the Kit 2.0 edition of HyperRhiz: New Media Cultures
- A review of Visions of Technological Transcendence: Human Enhancement & the Rhetoric of the Future by James A. Herrick
What am I reading?
- The Unnatural History of the Sea by Callum Roberts
- Plugged In: Technology, Rhetoric and Culture in a Posthuman Age edited by Lynn Worsham and Gary A. Olson
- Trout Bum by John Gierach
- Social Media Freaks: Digital Identity in the Network Society by Dustin Kidd
- The Call of Cthulhu by H.P. Lovecraft
What am I making?
- A video installation with Craig Saper tentatively titled "Project Vulture" that starts with an ekphrastic moment inspired by a poem I wrote titled "To the Vultures" and then explores the positive discursive aspects of vultures as a metaphor for remixing media
- Original songs with one of my favorite drummers, Chris Rydstrom
What am I viewing?
- Mostly films for my eco-trauma class including Freaks, The Birds, Deliverance, Vinyan, Grizzly Man, and Wall-E
What am I listening to?
- Been a bit obsessed lately with Van Halen for some reason...