What am I writing?
- Final pieces of my dissertation
- A piece for the Kit 2.0 edition of HyperRhiz: New Media Cultures
- A review of Visions of Technological Transcendence: Human Enhancement & the Rhetoric of the Future by James A. Herrick
- A chapter for an upcoming anthology about eco-horror films edited by Carter Soles and Christy Tidwell
- An editorial about climate change discourse for The Baltimore Sun
What am I reading?
- Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
- The Unnatural History of the Sea by Callum Roberts
- Plugged In: Technology, Rhetoric and Culture in a Posthuman Age edited by Lynn Worsham and Gary A. Olson
What am I making?
- A video installation tentatively titled "Project Vulture" that starts with an ekphrastic moment inspired by a poem I wrote titled "To the Vultures" and then explores the discursive aspects of vultures as a metaphor for remixing media
- Original songs with one of my favorite drummers, Chris Rydstrom
What am I viewing?
- Amando de Ossorio's Blind Dead quartet
- Alejandro Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain
What am I listening to?
- James Brown, Black Sabbath, The Revivalists, King's X...