What am I writing?
- A piece for the Kit 2.0 edition of HyperRhiz: New Media Cultures
- A review of Visions of Technological Transcendence: Human Enhancement & the Rhetoric of the Future by James A. Herrick
- A chapter about ecohorror films for an upcoming anthology edited by Carter Soles and Christy Tidwell
- A chapter about peer reviewing for an upcoming writing studies anthology edited by Christopher Weaver and Phoebe Jackson
What am I reading?
- Convergence Culture: Where Old and New Media Collide by Henry Jenkins
- Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man by Marshall McLuhan
- Remediation: Understanding New Media by Jay David Bolter and Richard Grusin
- Zoontologies: The Question of the Animal edited by Cary Wolfe
- Electric Animal: Toward a Rhetoric of Wildlife by Akira Mizuta Lippit
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- The Fall by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan
What am I making?
- A video installation tentatively titled "Project Vulture" that starts with an ekphrastic moment inspired by a poem I wrote titled "To the Vultures" and then explores the discursive aspects of vultures as a metaphor for remixing media
- Original songs with one of my favorite drummers, Chris Rydstrom
- More original music with my friend and colleague, Chris Hart
What am I viewing?
- The Office
- Manhunt: Unabomber
What am I listening to?
- Stoned Jesus, Jellyfish, Clutch, Power Station, Roxy Music, Nine Inch Nails, Joy Division, and The Jesus and Mary Chain