What am I writing?
- Final pieces of my dissertation
- A piece for the Kit 2.0 edition of HyperRhiz: New Media Cultures
- A review of Visions of Technological Transcendence: Human Enhancement & the Rhetoric of the Future by James A. Herrick
- A review of Rhetoric in Tooth and Claw: Animals, Language, Sensation by Debra Hawhee
- A chapter for an upcoming anthology about eco-horror films edited by Carter Soles and Christy Tidwell
What am I reading?
- Citizen Journalism: Valuable, Useless or Dangerous? edited by Melissa Wall
- Media Control: The Spectacular Achievements of Propaganda by Noam Chomsky
- The New Digital Age: Transforming Nations, Businesses, and Our Lives by Eric Schmidt and Jared Cohen
- Writing Online: Rhetoric for the Digital Age by George Pullman
- Writing and Research for Graphic Designers by Steven Heller
What am I making?
- A video installation tentatively titled "Project Vulture" that starts with an ekphrastic moment inspired by a poem I wrote titled "To the Vultures" and then explores the discursive aspects of vultures as a metaphor for remixing media
- Original songs with one of my favorite drummers, Chris Rydstrom
What am I viewing?
- Amando de Ossorio's Blind Dead quartet
- Alejandro Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain
What am I listening to?
- Anything Chris Cornell has written or performed...